The Ballymun Job Centre (BJC) provides a wide range of support services to local job seekers. These support services form the majority of our work and includes one to one career guidance, access to training and education and job placement.
The Service provides a confidential setting where you can discuss and develop a career path with one of our guidance officers. The guidance officer through a series of one to one meetings, will discuss your options. They will identify your strengths and weaknesses and help you decide what your goals are and will support you in fulfilling them.
Local Employment Services
The Ballymun Job Centre (BJC) provides a Local Employment Service (LES) to local Job Seekers offering a range of supports to those seeking employment. This service is delivered under contract for the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP).
Our highly qualified guidance team have the range of skills and experience necessary to help you back on the path to employment and in developing your career.
The LES provides the following supports/services to Job Seekers:
• Professional one to one support to assist with career progression
• Access to Job Seeking supports (Internet, phones, emails, printing and photocopying)
• Access to Job Vacancy listings and information
• Professional CV
• Assistance with job application forms & cover letters
• Assistance with Job Seeking Skills
• Interview coaching and mock interviews
• Assessment of current education, training and skills experience
• Information on/referral to training courses available (Back to Education; Apprenticeships)
• Access to financial supports for accredited training
• Information on / Referral to Community Employment Schemes (CE)
• Information on / Referral to Solas, CDETB Training courses
The service provides a confidential setting where you can discuss and develop a career path with one of our guidance officers. The guidance officer, through a series of one to one meetings, will discuss your options.
They will identify your strengths and weaknesses and help you decide what your goals are and will support you in fulfilling them. For further information on our Career Guidance Service please click here
• Anyone aged 16 years and over, (if you are under 18 yrs you will need parental consent)
• Unemployed, Job Changers, and anyone looking to up-skill
• Anyone looking for work, further education and training, or career guidance or high support
• Living within the local catchment area of Dublin 11 and Dublin 9
As well as referral through the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection, registration is also available as a walk-in service, where no appointment is required.
A follow up appointment is then made with one of our Guidance Officers, who will provide ongoing one-to-one support to the client.
Drop in to the Ballymun Job Centre , we are open to the public for registration during the following times:
Monday to Thursday 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 5pm and Friday 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 4pm
For further information on this service please contact:
Ellen Davitt at 01 866 7000 or email: