Are you unemployed and considering further Training or Education?
Whether you require an add on course to make your skills more marketable or wish to embark on a whole new career, the Ballymun Job Centre & Local Employment Services can help you identify and secure the course most suitable to your needs.
how we can help
In order to improve your ability to access quality, sustainable employment it is often necessary to increase your skills and education levels. As a result the BJC has developed and implemented many training and education programmes. In order to do this we work with a range of local and national agencies such as:
what we can offer
- Our Staff interview all training applicants to ensure that their chosen course is right for them
- Aptitude assessments may be arranged to ensure applicants are offered the correct level of training to meet their needs
- Our guidance staff have many years’ experience in helping adults returning to training/education
- We can help you identify and access a wide range of courses from Basic Adult Education (help with reading and writing) right through to Third Level degree courses
- We can also provide information and support in relation to finance for education
- Occasionally we also run special programmes in conjunction with other agencies in the Ballymun area, or other organisations
our current training programmes
in-vest training programme
IN-VEST 2 is a FREE J.P. Morgan-supported accredited pre-apprenticeship programme for people interested in exploring new apprenticeships in the IT and services sectors while developing IT skills and soft skills that are transferrable to any career.
The In-Vest Experience
The Ballyrunners Experience
Ballyrunners Training Programme
Ballyrunners is a high support, low threshold skills-based programme that aims to positively engage participants in constructive activities and change their attitudes and behaviours. It is specifically designed for early school leavers that are far removed from the labour market and that may have addiction issues or criminal history.
job club formal training
The Job Club also provides free formal training sessions to BJC Clients.. The formal sessions comprise of practical Job Seeking skills, Interview skills, and Basic IT skills.
The Formal Training sessions are run in the Ballymun Job Centre, in a friendly and informal setting, and are run throughout the year