Access to Apprenticeship programme
The Access to Apprenticeship Programme is aimed at young men and women aged 16 to 24 living in Dublin who experience social and economic barriers
The Programme provides an opportunity for young people to:
- Sample a range of apprenticeships in Construction, Engineering, Electrical, Motor and Aviation industries
- Prepare their CV and interview skills
- Undertake two weeks work experience
- Health & Safety and Safe Pass Certificate
- It is a 12 week full time course.
The purpose of the programme is to progress young people into apprenticeships.
A 12-week course is scheduled to run in Sept 2020
Entry Requirements: Minimum entry requirements
• Aged 16 – 24 • Minimum of grade D in 5 subjects in the Junior Certificate or equivalent
• Satisfying Access criteria (See page 2 of the application form)
Overview of Programme Structure:
Week 1 – Induction and Health and Safety Training
- Health and Safety Training – Manual Handling & Emergency Response
- Safe Pass Training Course and Certification Provide
Weeks 2 – 10
- Mon/Tues/Thursday (9am – 5pm) Skills Sampling – Workshops and Lectures
- Wednesday (9am – 5pm)
Mornings – Personal Development
Afternoons – E-Portfolio Development with Apprenticeship Lecturers
- Friday (9am-1pm)
Weeks 11 – 12
- Work Experience.
Completed applications should be sent to: Therese Fitzgerald, Programme Officer – Access to Apprenticeship, TU Dublin – City Campus, Bolton St Dublin 1, D01 K822.
Or they can be emailed to
If you need any further information please email accesstoapprenticeship@TUDublin.ie or
ring (01) 402 4042/(086) 031 6939