What is In-Vest 2
IN-VEST 2 is a J.P. Morgan-supported accredited programme for people interested in exploring new apprenticeships, further education programmes and employment opportunities in the IT and services sectors while developing IT skills and soft skills that are transferrable to any career. The course will be delivered in a creative, project-based format with students engaging in group work and developing individual portfolios. Career guidance will be integrated throughout the course with learners linking in regularly with the IN-VEST 2 team who will provide support and assistance with developing goals identified throughout the training.
Who is involved in IN-VEST 2?
The Ballymun Job Centre coordinate the course including work experience, site visits and career guidance, and the City of Dublin Education and Training Board are delivering the training and providing the qualifications.
Check out what learners and stakeholders had to say about the Original In-vest programme:
What is the course content?
- Communications (QQI Level 5 accredited)
- Presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Online Essentials and Word Processing (accredited)
- Career planning
- Online applications
- CVs and cover letters
- Interview skills
Previous IN-VEST graduates with Lord Mayor of Dublin, August 2019
What Will i get out of The in-vest 2 programme
- 4 – 6 weeks of work experience sourced by BJC staff
- Updated CV and cover letter and enhanced job seeking skills
- Mock interviews with J.P. Morgan staff
- Portfolio of completed projects to present to potential employers
- Networking opportunities i.e. site visits and interactions with guest speakers
- Improved soft skills and IT skills and greater awareness of apprenticeship opportunities, further education programmes and employment opportunities
- Ongoing career guidance and progression support from BJC staff
What is the timetable?
April 2022 until 30th Sept 2022, Monday through Friday
- 9:00am to 1:00pm
Where will the programme take place?
Finglas Training Centre, Poppintree Industrial Estate, Jamestown Road, Dublin 11
What guidelines are in place?
The majority of training will take place within the Finglas Training Centre and participants will be provided with laptops so they can work on assignments from home if need be.
The course is free. Participants may be eligible to receive a training allowance. BJC will also cover the cost of transportation to and from work experience placements.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS?
- Junior certificate or equivalent qualification
- 18-30 years old
- Pass literacy assessment
when does in-vest 2 start and how do i apply?
The next IN-VEST 2 Programme is due to start in March 2023. The application process is currently open and you can find out more about how to register your interest, by contacting us on: 01 866 7000 for further details.
Contact us for more inofrmation
Tel: 01 866 7000
Tel: 01 866 7000
Download our current In-Vest2 Brochure here