The SCOPE project, lead by Ballymun Job Centre, aims to develop a transnational partnership with organisations working in an employment, guidance and/or VET setting with client’s who have high-risk drug use, and who are currently providing services to enable them to re-integrate into society through education, training and employment progression pathways. The overarching aim of this partnership will be to share current practices, methods and experiences with similar EU organisations, with a view to establishing a model of best practice and guidelines for implementation that would be piloted in VET associated organisations.
A core objective is to document and strengthen quality standards in career guidance and job seeking support for this extremely marginalised group and develop a website holding information of our knowledge exchange. These clients should be able to access services which can respond to their needs and enable them to avail of VET and employment, and ultimately improve their quality of life and income.
Six organisations representing six countries (Ireland, Portugal, Sweden, Romania, Germany and Italy) participate to the project:
• Ballymun Job Centre (Ireland) – leading partner: non-profit organisation, job center with a specialised service for the inclusion of people using drugs and clients recovering from misuse;
• CIOFS- FP Centro Italiano Opere Femminili Salesiane - Formazione Professionale (Italia): Non profit organisation, the main sector of intervention is the Vocational Training. The organisation is located in 12 Italian regions and provide services in the field of vocational training, careers guidance services, integration into the labour market, services in the territories and to the enterprises
• APDES Agencia PIAGET PARA O DESENVOLVIMENTO (Portugal): Founded in 2004, APDES - Agência Piaget para o Desenvolvimento – is a non-profit NGDO (Non-governmental Development Organisation) that promotes the integrated development. APDES main goal is to intervene with vulnerable communities and people, in order to improve their access to healthcare services, employment and education, working for the empowerment of institutions and individuals, as well as for the reinforcement of social cohesion. The organisational profile of APDES comprehends four lines of intervention that guide the developed projects: health, harm reduction and human rights; health education; social cohesion and employment; cooperation and development.
• Lawaetz – Stiftung (Germany): Non-profit foundation involved in the insertion into the world of work, training and social services of disadvantaged people at a social and economic level
• City of Stockholm (Sweden): works with people who receive unemployment benefits for their professional integration and training and do outreach work for so called NEETs between 16 and 29 years
• EU-ROM (Romania): vocational training center, offers, among other things, work guidance to people who do or have used drugs or alcohol
• Partnership meetings are planned in all the countries involved in the project in which the partners exchange knowledge and discuss the models of good practices and the different approaches and interventions with respect to the specific barriers on the job and the training of the project beneficiaries
• Implementation of Focus Groups: a total of 7 focus groups per country are planned, with the aim of analyzing the perception that the various actors have of employment services, orientation processes, professional training, and, in general , of the tools used to support the main beneficiaries of the project in the process of social and work reintegration
• Exchange of good practices and construction of a model, with particular reference to the skills required by operators to be able to implement this model and to transfer it to the countries involved
• Development of a website that can be useful to operators by collecting information from partner countries on quality interventions and approaches used in the field of job reintegration of those who use or have used drugs.
For Further Information on the SCOPE Project contact: Ruth Baker EU Projects Co-Ordinator Tel: 01 - 8667000 or email: email@example.com
Manager: Mick Creedon Chairperson: Máirín Kenny
Registered Company Number: 4397R
Registered Charity Number: 20020040
CHY (Revenue) Number: CHY 8258
Where to Find Us!
Ballymun Job Centre
Civic Centre, Main Street,
Ballymun, Dublin 9, D09 C8P5
Public Opening Hours:
Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
Friday 9am to 4pm