Work-Experience enterprise programme
The Ballymun Job Centre with the support of JP Morgan, DCC and DSP has developed an exciting and innovative IT Work Experience Enterprise(WEE) project to provide individuals from disadvantaged communities in Dublin the opportunity to gain hands on experience in a simulated IT work environment.
Many young people face a labour market dilemma, they cannot get a job without work experience, and they cannot get work experience because they do not have a job.
The Project will provide participants with a unique opportunity to envision themselves working in an IT related company. The participants will participate in the WEE simulated work environment for up to four months. In addition to working on an IT project, the participants will undertake modules to enhance their soft and hard skills. The WEE project will afford participants the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities and interests while fostering and developing the pathway to a career in the IT sector.
WEE Project Latest News
Well, what an exciting four weeks it has been for the WEE project participants.
- They have completed the YEC soft skills modules such as Communications, Motivation and Autonomy, Professionalism, Workplace Discrimination and Gaps between Expectations and Reality.
- Completed Database fundamentals Training
- Engaged in Networking events in DCU Talent Garden
- Met the employer to discuss the project requirements
- Drafted a proposal of work and presented it back to the employer
- Created wireframes of the App and administration
Meeting the Employer
Brainstorming, teamwork dream work!!
Contact us for more inofrmation
Tel: 01 866 7000