The project is set up in multiple stages:
1. Research and engagement with refugees, migrants and asylum seekers, alongside statutory service providers, to establish what supports are currently in place and what the communities would like to see created.
2. Creation of the in community support worker/volunteer competence framework
3. Creation of the Life Before Language Methodology (training modules)
4. Creation of a tutor guide
5. Life Before Language Digital Learning Platform
6. Guidance and Guidelines for Life Before Language service integration
Over the past number of months BJC have reached out and engaged with multiple organisations and representatives from the migrant, refugee and asylum seeker communities.
These engagements have allowed BJC to compile a national report on the current systems in place for these groups when they are seeking to engage in integration through employment training or education. The national reports from each partner will be consolidated to form a European wide report on the experience of the LBL model across the continent. Stay tuned for more news as we progress through the project!